We're spending this week learning all about diffusing essential oils. We've talked about why you should diffuse, how to diffuse, and even what to diffuse. Today we're going to talk about alternative ways to diffuse oils. You CAN diffuse essential oils without purchasing a diffuser (though it's very handy to have one or two around the house!).
Alternatives to an essential oil diffuser
While I love my diffusers and use them every day, there are other ways you can receive the aromatic benefits of essential oils without purchasing a diffuser (but I think you should buy one - they are a fabulous thing to have!).
With these ideas, you can use use your oils at home, work, or even in the car.
10 diffuser ideas:
- Inhale the scent directly from the bottle of essential oil
- Put a drop in your palm before rubbing your hands together and cupping your hands over your nose
- Pour hot water into a bowl & add a few drops of oil; cover your head & bowl with a towel and breathe deeply
- Make a reed diffuser
- Rub a drop or two on your neck or wrists
- Purchase or make a diffuser necklace or bracelet
- Mix oils and distilled water in a spray bottle and mist the house
- Put cedar chips in a bowl and add your favorite oils
- Drip essential oils onto cotton balls and place in car vents
- Add to a humidifier or vaporizer (not for thick oils)
By keeping a spray bottle handy for around the house, wearing a diffuser necklace, or even putting some scented cedar chips in a closet - you can use essential oils in a variety of ways. Your house will smell fresh and clean without the need for chemical-laden air fresheners with the added benefit that you are supporting your health and well-being.