If you stick around for any length of time here at The Sunny Patch, you'll discover that I love to read. We have piles of books all over the house, that just keep growing and growing! Unfortunately, my daughter has yet to catch the reading bug. She would much rather spend her time playing with Legos, My Little Pony, or other toys. But, while she's playing, she does love a good read aloud or audio book! So I take advantage of those daily play times to fit in lots of good read-aloud books for kids.
Favorite Books for Kids
Over the years we've discovered some duds, some gems, and lots of books in between. On this page you'll find links to all the posts about great books for kids - our favorite read alouds (by grade level!), tips for getting kids to read, and some of the series and books that we just love.
READ ALOUDS BY GRADE LEVEL:
- Favorite Books for a Four-Year-Old
- Favorite Books for a Three-Year-Old Girl
- Favorite Books for Toddlers
TIPS FOR READING:
- 5 Tips to Get Kids Hooked on Books
- Tips from Homeschool Moms: All About Read Alouds - lots of great tips about enjoying a family read-aloud time.
- Books for Kids: Reading Tips & Book Ideas for Non-Bookish Kids
MORE READ-ALOUD BOOKS FOR KIDS:
- Winter Books for Kids - fun family read alouds to enjoy while it snows outside.
- 10 Favorite Read-Aloud Christmas Books - perfect books to enjoy with your family during the holiday season!
- The Ultimate Guide to Books for Kids (100 links!)
- Favorite Read-Aloud Books for Kids - some of our family's favorite read-aloud books.
- Best Books for Kids Ages 3-5 - picture books and stories to enjoy with your littles.