I received this product for free in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. No other compensation was provided.
If you're just getting started with essential oils, one of the best and most cost-effective ways to begin is with a starter kit. You'll find some of the most useful oils for family health & wellness and lots of great information to get you started. One kit that is a great way to start is the doTERRA Family Physician Kit.
doTERRA Family Physician Kit
The Family Physician Kit from doTerra comes with 10 5 ml bottles of various essential oils and some of the favorite doTERRA essential oil blends.
And don't throw away the box! The inside lid comes with so much useful information - I found myself referring to it over and over again. Besides tips for using each oil, you'll also find information for the various kinds of uses - topical, aromatic, and internal.
10 Essential Oils & Blends
The 10 oils and blends included in this kit are the perfect things to have in your family medicine cabinet. You can use them for so many things! Here are some recommended uses from doTERRA:
Lavender - all things calming
- Diffuse in a room or apply topically to calm anxiety and soothe emotions
- Apply topically to soothe irritated skin and lips
- Massage on back or bottom of feet and apply a drop to pillow at night
- Apply immediately to calm reaction to bee sting, bug bite, or burn
Lemon - clean & freshen
- Add a drop to honey to soothe a dry or sore throat
- Diffuse in a room to neutralize odors and elevate mood
- Use to clean kitchen counters and stainless steel appliances
- Take internally with water as an antioxidant and detoxifier
Peppermint - cool & invigorate
- Use with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse
- Inhale deeply to invigorate lungs and increase alertness
- Apply to forehead to reduce fever
- Apply to neck and forehead with Lavender to calm headaches
Melaleuca - first aid for the skin
- Apply to skin blemishes and rashes as part of a daily cleansing program
- Use with shampoo or conditioner for healthy scalp and hair
- Apply to feet and toenails after showering, swimming, or working out
Oregano - natural immune support
- Take several drops in an empty gelatin capsule for periodic immune support
- Dilute and apply to bottom of feet of kids and adults as a natural defense
- Use internally as part of a monthly cleansing regimen for GI health
- Use to clean and dress minor cuts and sores
- Use with a carrier oil for beautiful, radiant skin
- Apply to bottom of feet or use internally to support immune function
- Use with Lavender and Peppermint to calm stress and headaches
- When in doubt, use Frankincense!
Deep Blue - muscle & joint support
- Apply directly to tired, aching joints
- Rub on muscles before and after exercise to reduce discomfort
- Use with a carrier oil for a therapeutic deep-tissue massage
Breathe - respiratory support
- Apply topically to chest and neck to help clear lungs and sinuses
- Diffuse or add to humidifier at bedtime for more restful sleep
- Apply to chest or bottom of feet for seasonal respiratory discomfort
DigestZen - digestive support
- Rub on stomach to ease digestive discomfort, nausea, or motion sickness
- Take internally at meal times to support healthy, comfortable digestion
- Apply to bottom of feet of children to help ease digestive issues
OnGuard - natural defense
- Diffuse in a room to eliminate airborne pathogens
- Dilute in spray bottle to clean doorknobs, telephones, and other community surfaces
- Dilute and gargle morning and night as a protective mouth rinse
- Take several drops in an empty gelatin capsule for added immune support
Ready to get started?
Get in touch with my friend Brittany and start your essential oil journey!