Last week I shared my healthy breakfast muffins master mix that can be used to make many different kinds of muffins. One of my favorite varieties is blueberry - so let's use our basic mix to make some healthy breakfast blueberry muffins.
Healthy Breakfast: Blueberry Muffins
If you have a batch of the master mix all ready to go, these muffins will be ready to pop in the oven very quickly! I like to make a double batch of the mix and keep it ready to go in the refrigerator. It's so easy to grab, along with a few other ingredients from the fridge, and I can have muffins in the oven as soon as it's preheated.
You'll just need the master muffin mix, some eggs, butter, and milk (I like to use almond milk but any other kind should work just fine). You'll also need blueberries, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- 2 cups master mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (may need an extra 1/4 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Measure 2 cups of master muffin mix into a medium sized bowl.
- Add cinnamon and blueberries to the muffin mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, extract, and melted butter.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the muffin mix and stir well.
- If it still seems too thick, add up to ¼ cup more milk.
- Scoop out into the muffin pan and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until muffins are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the muffin pan.
- When muffins are cooled remove from pan.
- Store in a covered container (refrigerate if not eating within one week).