Online safety wasn't something my parents had to worry about when I was a kid. Now that I'm a mom, it's definitely a concern and something that we closely monitor. Until now we haven't allowed TJ to have her own email address - she has a shared 'family' email address that we can all access. But now that we've discovered KidsEmail, I feel confident in letting her have her own safe email for kids.
I received free 13-month access to KidsEmail. I was compensated for my time spent reviewing the website & writing the post. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.
What is KidsEmail?
KidsEmail is a safe place for kids to learn to navigate the online world. Email is a simple tool that kids can learn to use to stay in touch with family and friends. But, with regular email accounts, there are issues with spam and ads that leave many parents wary of giving their kids that freedom.
That's why KidsEmail is such a great product. It gives parents control over what their kids can send and receive and who they stay in touch with. It's the perfect email system for teaching your kids how to use email while ensuring their online safety.
A Look at KidsEmail
Once you create your account (which is very simple), you can add email accounts for each of your kids and then set safety settings for each child. What's especially nice is that you can set specific settings for each child. So a young child can have stricter settings while older kids can have more freedom.
As you can see from the above image, there are lots of great features that you can use:
- Safety settings - control who can contact your child and other safety features
- Manage contact list
- Modify backgrounds - very cute feature for kids!
- Child account settings - account information like passwords and pictures
- Ground your child - need to modify their email usage for a period of time? Yup, you can ground 'em!
- Set time restrictions - want your kids to only access their email at certain times and days? There's a filter for that!
- Block senders - you can block people from the contact list - all you need is the email address
- Email queue - you can set a filter that sends emails to you before sending them to your kids
- Activity log - see when your child logs in and emails that are sent
Children have a separate login area which includes their inbox, folders, contact list, and settings. A nice feature is the ability to customize the look of their inbox - something my daughter loves to do.
Benefits of KidsEmail
KidsEmail has a long list of great benefits. They were very thorough in creating a product that is safe for kids and allows parents to set many different types of limits. I love that it's up to the parents - you can set many restrictions for younger children and, as kids get older, loosen the restraints a little as they learn to self-regulate. It's really a great tool for growing kids.
A few of the many benefits & key features:
- Online safety
- Ability to monitor incoming & outgoing emails
- Manage your child's email contact list
- Ability to set time restrictions
- Available on mobile devices
- Ability to disable links and images
- Set word filters
- Intercept emails that don't meet set safety parameters
- Manage all your kids for one low monthly or annual price
- GPS tracker (if using mobile device)
Safe Email for Kids
KidsEmail is a great tool for parents - especially this mom with a middle school daughter who wants more independence. TJ loves having her own email address (she loves the neat personalization features) and I love that I can keep track of who she's talking to online in an unobtrusive manner. It's a great product for parents who are ready to let their kids navigate the online world with a bit of independence.
Ready to give KidsEmail a try?
KidsEmail is a great choice for safe Email for kids - and it's available at both monthly and annual price points. The annual price is $2.99 month (billed annually - $38.95 - 13 months access and up to 6 email accounts) or monthly - $4.95 month for up to 4 email accounts. They also offer a FREE 30-day trial so you can be sure it's right for your family.
You can download the app to your kid's mobile devices - available on Apple, Android, and Amazon devices as well as preloaded on a few kid's devices.
You can find KidsEmail on: