It can feel overwhelming to start a new diet plan - there's the expense of buying all those special ingredients and finding meal ideas so you're not spending all your time in the kitchen.
No wonder so many people don't stick to their diets!
That’s where Trim Healthy Mama is different – you can apply the principle of the plan to the meals you already eat, just changing the way you combine ingredients. So it’s so simple to follow this plan and still shop at your regular grocery store.
If you need a little help and inspiration for getting started I have 15 ideas for lunches to get you started - more than just sandwiches!
Trim Healthy Mama Lunch Ideas
Lunch is just as easy to "THM-ify" as breakfast and snacks. You'll have to change your bread and ditch your chips, but it is possible!
(I know, chips are a hard thing for me to give up too. I still eat them... I'm a work in progress!)
And, like the other meals, you'll want to include meals from all the fuel sources.
Don't just focus on "satisfying" lunches, though I find (for me at least) that I have to limit my "energizing" meals. But it's important to include them at least a few times a week, if for no other reason than to give your body a little wake-up call.
The same goes for the "fuel pull" meals - they are a great way to get your metabolism revved up by keeping your carbs AND fats low. But don't over do it!
Remember to apply the rules to your fuel sources. Check (that's an affiliate link -->) the book for more details about fuel sources and meals.
Want to skip reading and just grab the list? Click below and grab the list!
Lunch Ideas for a Trim Healthy Mama
Here are 15 ideas for lunch, divided by fuel source - Fuel Pull, Energizing, and Satisfying. Mix and match a few each week and you are ready to go!
You'll be well on your way to success with Trim Healthy Mama.
5 Fuel Pull Lunches
- Salad with non-starchy veggies, grilled salmon or chicken breast (mix & match salad chart)
- Tomato soup (see the book for the recipe) and 2 Wasa crackers with 1 light laughing cow cheese
- Portobello mushroom pizza, topped with veggies, lean deli ham, and a pinch of skim mozzarella (see the book for the recipe)
- Mexican or Cajun Cottage Cheese Salad (see the book for the recipes)
- Lean deli meat rolled up with non-starchy veggie sticks
5 Energizing Lunches
- Salad with non-starchy veggies, grilled chicken breast, and beans (mix & match salad chart)
- Sandwich on sprouted grain bread with lean protein and veggies
- Chili made with lean ground beef and lots of beans
- Baked sweet potato and chicken breast
- Nicey Ricey Salad (see the book for the recipe)
Don't forget to add a piece of fruit to your 'energizing' meal!
5 Satisfying Lunches
- Salad with non-starchy veggies, protein, and cheese (mix & match salad chart)
- Tuna, egg, or chicken salad in lettuce cups
- BLT lettuce wraps or salad
- Hearty vegetable soup topped with sour cream or cheese
- Chicken wings with celery sticks