Perfect for Trim Healthy Mamas!
If you have cut sugar from your diet then you know how difficult it can be to find some tasty treats. With lots of experimenting (and quite a few flops!) I've found a few recipes that I can make when I'm looking for a little indulgence. Skinny chocolate peanut butter cups are my favorite treat (also perfect for any sugar-free plan). But if you're looking for a good-for-you chocolate than my dark healthy chocolate is perfect! Coconut oil is so good for you so these are really the perfect treats!
But, as much as I like a basic dark chocolate sometimes I just want something a little bit different. And when that happens a combination of peanut butter and chocolate fits the bill nicely. And just like the dark healthy chocolate, this one only has a few ingredients.
Here's what you'll need:
These are affiliate links:
Using a 2-cup glass measuring cup, put 1/2 cup coconut oil in the glass and melt in the microwave. Grind 1/4 cup xylitol in a coffee grinder to a fine powder (so your chocolate won't have a gritty texture). Once the coconut oil is melted add the xylitol and give it a good stir before adding the remaining ingredients (1-2 scoops stevia, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup defatted peanut flour, and 2 heaping tablespoon peanut butter). Dip in a spoon and give it a taste to test the sweetness and adjust accordingly.
Once the taste is to your liking you'll want to pour it out and refrigerate until it's hardened. I like to use a mini muffin pan so I can get perfect little circles (and I can better control my portions!). Once the chocolate is set pop them out of the molds and store in the refrigerator.
For those following Trim Healthy Mama, this treat is considered a "S"atisfying treat (all that lovely coconut oil!).
Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Recipe
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1-2 scoops stevia extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup defatted peanut flour
- 2 heaping Tbsp natural peanut butter
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave.
- While the coconut oil is melting, grind the xylitol in a coffee grinder until it becomes a fine powder.
- Add the xylitol to the melted coconut oil and stir well until the xylitol is completely dissolved.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust sweeteners accordingly.
- Pour into molds or a mini muffin pan and refrigerate or freeze until firm.
- Once hardened, remove from molds.
- Keep chocolate in the refrigerator.