I have a quick and easy appetizer for you, but rather than just an appetizer, this one appears FANCY. It is so simple, you won’t believe that it tastes so good and looks even better. It takes roughly one half an hour from start to finish.
When altogether the taste is quite similar to Delicious Crab Dip, only better. Mixed in with Cream cheese, the crab is tender and flaky. Wrapped up in the crescent rolls, this can take its place at the head of the appetizer table.
Many crab appetizers use wonton skins to act as a pocket for the creamy crab filling. The crescent dough is even more fragile and adds more to the flakiness.
These are also excellent appetizers that you can bring for the big game day, maybe family reunions, have them at graduations or receptions. Everyone will absolutely love these.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What should I serve these with?
You could choose a wide variety of appetizers to go along with the Creamy Crab Snacks. Anything Asian will add to the setting. Chinese Shrimp, lettuce wraps with shrimp filling, fresh fruit and even slices of baguette bread with an herb butter.
How long do they last?
These can be kept in an airtight container for up to 48 hours. They may soften, however, you can air fry them, microwave them or heat them in a toaster oven. This will help them crisp up a little.
Can these be frozen?
I do not suggest freezing these snacks or appetizers. When products thaw, they tend to be moister than you would want. If needed cut the recipe in half so you do not have much for leftovers.
Suggestions and Tips:
This recipe will make 24 crescent crab snacks. Try not to over stuff the rolls. You could also halve the recipe if you do not want that many.
You can substitute low fat yogurt, low fat mayonnaise, or low fat cream cheese, to help minimize the fat content.
Use flour on the rolling pin to prevent sticking.
What ingredients do you need for a Creamy Crab Snacks
Salt and pepper
Roll of crescent roll dough
How to make Creamy Crab Snacks
Preheat oven to 375*
Spray baking sheet with cooking spray
Unroll the dough on a lightly floured area, pinch seams together to form rectangles
Cut into 4 columns with 6 rows.
In a mixing bowl combine mayo, onion, cream cheese, cayenne pepper and crab meat.
Spoon one spoonful into the top corner of each square you made.
Fold the dough over the filling starting at the same corner. Make sure to tuck the corner under the filling.
When you almost reach the opposite corner, stop. Grab the opposite corner and bring it back over the roll you made.
Press lightly to seal
You can brush egg white over the tops if desired.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Creamy Crab Snacks
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup fully cooked crabmeat
- 2 chopped green onions
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounce roll of crescent roll dough
- Light pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray
- Unroll the dough on a lightly floured area, pinch seams together to form rectangles
- Cut into 4 columns with 6 rows.
- In a mixing bowl combine mayo, onion, cream cheese, cayenne pepper and crab meat. Mix well.
- Spoon one spoonful into the top corner of each square you made.
- Fold the dough over the filling starting at the same corner. Make sure to tuck the corner under the filling.
- When you almost reach the opposite corner, stop. Grab the opposite corner and bring it back over the roll you made.
- Press lightly to seal
- You can brush egg white over the tops if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 26gCholesterol: 220mgSodium: 44mgProtein: 20g
Leave a Comment