Most families likely have a version of this light and airy, refreshing dessert. It is so easy to make, you may want it every week. All you need is a homemade graham cracker crust, crushed pineapple, whipped topping and cream cheese.
This is an easy to take along dessert for family reunions, church gathering or even the grill out next door. No need to worry about leftovers, as there is very seldom any to take home.
How To Keep Pineapple Dessert?
Cover the pie with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. No Bake Heavenly Pineapple After Dinner Treat will be good for 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator. If needed, you can wrap the dessert with plastic wrap, slide into a freezer safe bag and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
What Is The Best Crust?
Most people will purchase an already made pie crust from the local market. My family has always made the graham cracker crust at home with a few simple ingredients. Sandwich cookies, or even wafer cookies can be used in place of the graham crackers.
When you are invited to the next neighborhood grill out, this No Bake Heavenly Pineapple Cream After Dinner Treat just may be the star of the evening.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to use Cool Whip, can I use fresh whipped cream instead?
Cool whip made the lives of many women easier when it arrived in the store freezers back in the late 60’s. The recipe has since been changed and now contains milk and cream. It only took a short time for this product to be the brand’s best seller.
Of course, fresh whipped cream is preferred by many. To make the same amount of the 8 ounce tub, use one cup of fresh whipping cream, whipped to the desired consistency. The difference between Cool Whip and fresh whipped cream is that Cool Whip contains stabilizer that helps it remain thicker for longer.
Here is a recipe to use if you prefer homemade and fresh. This includes a stabilizer.
Must I Use Pineapple?
For those who do not like pineapple, other fruits may be substituted. Here is a handy recipe to use when substituting strawberries for the pineapple.
Is There a Favorite Version in Your family? This list includes a few that have been mentioned.
- Pineapple Surprise
- Pineapple Dessert
- Pineapple Graham Cracker Dessert
- Pineapple Dream Squares
- Pineapple Delight
- Pineapple Cool Whip Dessert
This dessert is absolutely heavenly and you will seldom have leftovers. I would memorize the recipe or print out a few copies, as I am positive you will be asked for it.
Ingredients for homemade graham cracker crust:
½ c. melted, unsalted butter
⅓ c. granulated sugar
2 cups crushed graham crackers
1 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or frozen, drained
1 ¾ cup crushed pineapple, drained
1 8oz tub Cool Whip OR 1 cup fresh whipped cream whipped to desired consistency
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ c. shredded coconut
Electric mixer with a bowl
9 x 9 baking pan
Cooking spray to coat the baking pan
How to make No Bake Heavenly Pineapple Cream After Dinner Treat:
Place all ingredients for the crust into a mixing bowl and combine.
Mix until all are well blended.
Using the flat bottom of a cup, press this mix into the sprayed baking dish. Make the crust as even as possible.
In the clean mixing bowl, place the softened cream cheese and mix until smooth.
Use the spatula to gently fold in the crushed pineapple and whipped cream. Spread this mixture evenly on top of the prepared crust.
Top the dessert with pineapple chunks and the coconut.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
When ready to serve, cut into squares.
- ½ c. melted, unsalted butter
- ⅓ c. granulated sugar
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or frozen, drained
- 1 ¾ cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 8oz tub Cool Whip OR 1 cup fresh whipped cream whipped to desired consistency
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. shredded coconut
- Tools needed:
- Electric mixer with a bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- 9 x 9 baking pan
- Cooking spray to coat the baking pan
- Place all ingredients for the crust into a mixing bowl and combine. Mix until all are well blended.
- Using the flat bottom of a cup, press this mix into the sprayed baking dish. Make the crust as even as possible.
- In the clean mixing bowl, place the softened cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Use the spatula to gently fold in the crushed pineapple and whipped cream. Spread this mixture evenly on top of the prepared crust.
- Top the dessert with pineapple chunks and the coconut.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, cut into squares.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 11
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 10g